Thursday, July 09, 2009

THE MAN WHO PUTS HIS LIFE TO THE TEST...FOR LIVERPOOL.
NOT THAT HE NEEDS TO... HE WANTS TO...



THE SLEIGH

THE MAN : Kazakhstani Kopite Rene Khamitov

LIVERPOOL JERSEY TO MARK HIS LIFE-THREATENING TRIP A SUCCESS.

*SUMMARISED*

Earlier this year, Kazakhstani Kopite Rene Khamitov made it his mission to hike across the world's deepest lake - Lake Baikal - while frozen, with only a Liverpool decorated sleigh and a Reds scarf for company.

"The air temperature was -30°C inside my tent sometimes.

"I didn't use a compass for my journey, just a map, and I only had some very simple outer clothing, including a Liverpool scarf.

"You know, when you are alone, you can be happy and you can listen to everything around - you can hear your soul.

"Every night I listened to the breathing of the lake, the ice cracking, the wailing of the wind and the wolves.

"But I wasn't alone, because my heart was with nature and with Liverpool FC!"

"I have dreamt about travel all my life and I can now realise my boyhood dreams.

"But right now I want to dedicate this trip to Liverpool FC and to Reds all over the world, as well as the 96 fans who lost their lives at Hillsborough.

"Liverpool gave me the strong character, power and hope to get through this, so I want to say thank you to the club, the players and the fans.

"I've loved Liverpool FC for a long time and I hope this journey can put spirit into the hearts of the players - I'm sure we can be the best and win the title this season!"




HOW CAN SYAIRAZI HAZIQ BIN KAHAR NOT BE A PROUD KOPITE ??

No comments: